No Bake Choco-Peanut-Oatmeal Cookies
“An easy but good cookie to make on a hot day when you don’t want to turn on oven. So easy that even the kids can help.”
1/2 cup milk
2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
3 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Wipe 1″ wide band of butter around the rim of a 3 quart pan to prevent boil-over.
2. Combine milk, sugar, cocoa, butter and peanut butter.
3. Stir and bring to boil over medium heat. Let boil for 1 1/2 minutes, do not stir.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in oats and vanilla. Stir until oats evenly distributed.
5. Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper. Cool. Makes 4 to 5 dozen.